RUNNING WITH THE DOG
Running is a very good and rewarding pastime with your pet. Dogs are very good running partners. In addition, four-legged friends are very fond of running. And also, running very well brings pets and their owners together.
Before jogging, you will definitely need special equipment in the form of leash, collar or harness.
In order to avoid injury, you need to be prepared for physical exercise. Also, there are plenty of dog safety guidelines that dog owners should be aware of before going outside. First of all, you need to see your veterinarian to make sure your dog is in a good running condition and then you can start exercising.
Remember the first rule, you should always start with a warm-up. The warm-up can consist of a variety of physical exercises. Running for dogs must and safely begin with walking. You will need to learn a few basic rules before you start running dogs! If you do not adhere to these rules, then running your dog can be dangerous.
- Be sure to bring a collar
- Always keep your dog on a leash
- Run exclusively next to your pet
- Don't run outside if it's too hot or cold weather
- Don't go jogging at night (or wear reflective clothing)
- Try to avoid hard surfaces as they can damage the paw pads